Science provides many questions and answers. I would say that most
discoveries lead to even more questions than answers. Science is the ultimate
curiosity in my opinion.
When it comes to learning and understanding I really try to get
the information that allows me to break down the topic into its basic form, so
that I can understand what is actually happening.
![]() |
| Racing Stars Image credit: Andrew Stawarz |
I am a college student currently pursuing
a degree in General Studies. My focus is in science and mathematics. I have
really enjoyed being able to take classes in the different sciences such as
astronomy, chemistry, and geology so far.
With this blog I hope to provide
information on current and developing research. With luck these posts will
bring about further questions for not only myself, but you the reader as well.
It is always great to get feedback from
others as they will always have another perspective to the topic. I find it fun
learning a new view, and I will try to find out more information to possibly
answer some of your questions.
I hope that all my readers can enjoy
learning some cool new information, expanding on it with comments, and sharing
any further information they find relevant.
There truly is no shortage in amazement provided by scientific curiosity.

Adam,
ReplyDeleteI agree completely with your belief that discoveries lead to more questions than answers. New discoveries are made constantly and we're living in an exciting time for scientific inquiry. Minds are more open and technology is more powerful than ever before, which is leading to progress at an astounding rate. What makes science so fascinating for me is that it is both logic and creativity, and there is no emphasis on one particular trait. Above all, to be successful in any science, one must have a curious mind, so I believe you have a good start. I wish you luck in your studies and I look forward to learning more.
Thank you very much Scott. I hope this blog will build a thirst for information and discovery in even more people. You are definitely right that current information technology is in a wonderful state for progress.
DeleteAdam,
ReplyDeleteI was amazed to hear about the discovery of liquid water on Mars. This news was also a little disappointing as researchers speculate that the water may very well be mixed with a form of perchlorate, a toxic, salt like chemical that keeps the water at a liquid state even at the "warm" temperature range on Mars...-10 degrees Fahrenheit. This water would most likely be very difficult to use for humans.
What do you think of NASA's plans for the eventual colonization of Mars?
It was incredible to hear about the discovery of water in a liquid state. While it has been theorized for some time that water once flowed, it is amazing to find evidence finally. As for colonization I have high hopes that we will reach that possibility. However, we still have a long way to go.
DeleteAdam,
ReplyDeleteThis blog definitely has an appeal to me. I have always been inclined as to finding out how things work, especially the ecosystem, biology, and even the mind. I look forward to reading your blog in hopes that it will answer some of the questions I have. I was wondering if you are going to stick to only applied sciences, or if you were going to delve into theoretical science as well.
I am happy to delve into both applied sciences, and theoretical science. One thing I have found is that so many subjects connect one way or another. It would limit our chances of discovery, and our understanding to not encompass all available information.
DeleteAs a science lover myself, it's always interesting to me to learn more about what's going on in the world. You're right, there's never a shortage of questions. Although we know a ton about the world, there's so much more that we don't know and that we're learning everyday. I'm excited to follow your journey through this blog and learn more about this world we all call home.
ReplyDeleteOne big idea this comment brings to mind is knowing that in our history we thought we had answers to many things, and then found out we were wrong. A very simple example is when we thought we were the center of the universe.
DeleteBeing a bit of science buff myself I agree with everything said in this post. I also feel that more questions should be asked that way we can get more answers to them. I will defiantly follow you to see where you could go with the infinite possibility's.
ReplyDeleteIt is very important to try and find more questions. Advancement cannot occur if we think we know it all. I am glad to have you follow this blog, and defiant responses are welcome if I post something wrong.
DeleteI would certainly enjoy learning more about different sciences, especially if the information is broken down into comprehensive chunks written in plain English. This could become a draw to the "less scientific" crowd. Like me, many people don't even bother reading scientific articles, fearing it may be too complicated. I am happy to see your blog potentially becoming a resource to better understand and discuss new scientific development and research.
ReplyDeleteThis is a fantastic comment. I actually have been complemented multiple times in the way I present difficult information in an easily understandable format. I hope, and intend, to do that in this blog. I have to break down the information often for my own understanding as well.
Delete